Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Wedding, a Baby & a Funeral

NOPE, it's NOT a title for a new comedy or movie, but my life this past few months! From one end of the spectrum to the other, life has been exciting to say the very least! Sadie & Jordan were married in March, in April Kristen & Dave became the parents of beautiful Sydnie Anne, and my beloved Grandma Wolfe, who lived a long and happy life of 93 years, died Easter morning. All events, including the funeral were celebrations of life, love and family....these are days I will never forget and will cherish forever...


THE WEDDING, and events leading up to....




Welcome SYDNIE ANNE GEURTS...I am head over heels in love!













And a FUNERAL...


(picts coming!)



Life has been challenging but GOOD...I miss Brad like hell, although I spend alot of evenings talking to him on the phone (usually late after he's off work) Brad is just someone who is such a GOOD person and challenges himself daily to learn more, reach out and expand his horizons...he's an inspiration to me and not only my son, but a best friend as well. And my dear Mother, whom I love and admire so much, visits her home here often-ish and we talk alot, but it never replaces spending time with her... atleast I can go visit BOTH of them in beautiful San Diego often =) Kasey is presently my roommate while he searches for housing, he and Brennan are seperated and working on getting divorced, very sad, but they both have the desire to put sweet Maren at the top of their priority lists and see that she's happy & well taken care of...definitely a group effort and I love EVERY minute I get to spend with her!! Kasey is doing really well in every other area, though! He continues to do very well in his job (selling marketing videos for internet sites) and as usual, making a lot of new friends and rekindling some older friendships making him rather busy between being a #1 daddy to Maren, working and a now busy social life! I posted a video of Maren on this blog, even though I was embarrassed of my part (singing wasn't my top talent ever) but it showcases how amazing this little girl is, and how she can spread sunshine effortlessly! Sadie and Jordan are living in Kristen's old condo which they were not able to sell before buying their new home, so it worked out nicely for both of them! They've made their new home so cute and inviting, and to see them intertwine their lives and styles has been fun to watch. They seem very happy and I love having them close! I go have lunch often with Sadie (and Jordan) up at the U of U hospital where they both work and go to school, and she will still make my day occasionally and come over after work and hang out with me, I love it... And definitely last and NOT least by ANY means, the newest star straight from the heavens was born 3 1/2 weeks ago. Sydnie Anne Geurts came to this world in her own way and on her own time! Although Kristen had to deliver her by emergency C-section, this little angel is as perfect as they come! I cannot get enough of holding and loving her, and wish I could more, but she has a very competant mother who is totally in love, as well. She and Dave bought a darling home in Holliday near the base of Big & Little Cottonwood canyons, and with some work they've made it an amazing place! Kristen has decided that staying home with her "mini me" (she is Kristen's TWIN!) was the ONLY option and can't even imagine going back to work like she thought she'd be doing. She is a great mother and she amazes me continually.

As for me, well, I left Arizona for good last September and am looking forward with a lot of hope and plans of living life for me, fulfilling a dream or two that I've put into deep storage somewhere in my heart. I still do freelance Makeup as a side job and LOVE IT, but am also looking for something a little more stable and income producing (like a paycheck?!?! lol) I feel lucky for what I do have and always enjoy finding what's around the next corner...life is good.

Julie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hellooooooooooooo Jewels!!!!

thom

www.thomadroART.com

www.AlohaFineArt.com

About Me

My photo
Anthem/ Centerville/San Diego, Arizona / Utah / CA, United States
Born an Air Force "brat", I traveled many places throughout the world. I have been a makeup artist for 20 years and, although I have dabbled in many other professions, being a freelance makeup artist is my PASSION! I have worked with and for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, MAC, Estee Lauder Corp (and MANY of its companys i.e., Philosophy, Clinique, Stilla) as well as teaching and instruction on a group and individual basis.